New Career Vision
Career Transition Resource Center
Holistically empowering individuals with information, resources and support
to achieve their education and career dreams
School Research Tools:
(transfer agreements between California public colleges/universities)
Accreditation Research Tools:
Career Research: (How to Find a New Career)
Free, Open-Access Online Databases for Exploring and Researching Career Interests
- California Career Cafe - A free career planning website developed by the California Community College system. Resources are open to the public.
- O*Net - occupational search database
- Second Act - An online resource for mid-life career changers
Organizations That Help Individuals to Identify Appropriate Career Goals
- Women at Work - a non-profit career resource center in Pasadena, CA
- JVS Los Angeles - a non-profit career services and job search center in Los Angeles, CA
Social Service & Other Community Service Links
Financial, food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Dial 2-1-1 - for referrals to local social service organizations
- United Way - help finding referrals for food, shelter, clothing, medical and other needs, etc.
- We Connect - A first place to start to find referrals to government and community-based resources for money, opportunities, and dreams in California
Family & Personal Support Services
- United Way - help finding referrals for counseling needs, etc.
Community-Based Psychological Clinics & Assessments - University Counselor Training Centers
Psychological counseling (and possibly testing services) (Fees are often based on ability to pay)
Job Search Links: (How to Find a New Job)
- Workforce 50 - Employment and Career Change Resources for People Over 50
For Help with Starting New For-Profit and/or Non-Profit Business Links
- Angel Capital Association - A network high net worth individual who invests directly into promising entrepreneurial businesses in return for stock in the companies.
©All rights reserved. No portion of any of the works listed on this page may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or media or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the copyright holder.